Friday, December 6, 2013

Never Fade (Chapters 6-7)

At the beginning of chapter six, Ruby is just learning about her new assignment she must take on. She's upset because she was assigned with somebody under the age of 16, meaning this person was highly unprepared and likely to die. The system she works for, however, can not change their decision. Near the end of the chapter, she is feeling betrayed. The next chapter starts with Ruby and Jude on a plane headed to their assignment, arguing on whether or not it matters if you know the person's shadow when they're going to be killed anyways.

I made a text to self connection. In my book, Jude was scared of being on a plane and was trying to calm himself down. On my first plane ride, I was exactly like him. I was trying to take deep breaths and was trying to make the ride more enjoyable. I spoke to myself, just like he did, and when I did calm down, it was to argue, just like Jude is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment